Hospital laboratories play an important role in quality patient care by supplying diagnostic and treatment support to all of our clients including other staff members, patients and physicians. It is critical that accurate results are provided in a timely manner by the laboratory.
Residents of Vernon Parish are fortunate in that an accredited laboratory is located in Leesville. Byrd Regional Hospital Laboratory is a full-service laboratory that analyzes thousands of specimens per year for timely reporting to our clients.
The Laboratory is a full-service clinical, pathology and transfusion department that provides a wide range of services. Our Laboratory is housed within the Hospital on the first floor directly past the Admitting Department. The Laboratory supports the Hospital, Physicians and other statewide Healthcare Providers with these services:
• Blood Banking
• Histology – including on site “Frozen Section Consultations”
• Cytology – including on site “Fine Needle Aspirations”
Our Laboratory includes a fulltime Board Certified Pathologist heading the department. Our Laboratory Administration includes a State licensed Technical Director and General Supervisor ensuring that all regulatory specifications are followed to the letter. The Byrd Regional Hospital Laboratory is dedicated to being your lab of choice by:
• Providing timely, accurate results to your patient care provider because we recognize the patients’ need for fast, convenient service
• Offering customer service-oriented licensed professionals to serve you
• Maintaining competitive prices
• Accepting all major insurance plans
• Convenient hours of collection
• Parking convenience.
We offer you the right to contact our accreditors directly with complaints by contacting the Quality Department of the Hospital and our Regulatory agencies including the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. For more information on our laboratory services, call 337-239-5146.